- ACountingProblem.pdf — the number of nonnegative integer solutions to the equation x1 + x2 + … + xr = n.
- Supplementary material on counting.
- Prolog Slides: handout (without overlays), lecture (with overlays).
These files have the same content; the handout version is better for studying; the lecture version is better for presenting.
- Logic Rules — A summary of the equivalence and inference rules.
- Interpretations, Models, and Completeness
- Propositional Logic and First-Order Logic — Handouts from a similar class taught at University of Waterloo. These present the basic definitions and rules more formally than our book does. You are not required to read these handouts, but you might find them helpful. In particular, you are welcome to use anything you learn here in your own solutions to homework/exam problems.